I started a project to use up some leftover yarn from this scarf. The pattern is from the Interweave Knits Spring 2006 issue called Rib-And-Cable mitts. I liked the pattern all the way up to when I needed to make the increases for the thumb gusset. The way it said to make the increases left holes in the thumb. So I decided to take this out and start over doing the increases a different way, which worked. Another reason for me starting over I realized that I was not going to have enough pink yarn to make both. I looked in my stash to find some yarn that went with the pink and found an orange color that works really well. You will just have to believe me that the colors are compatible with each other. I am currently working on the new ones. I might add that they are beautiful. There will be some pics coming.