I got a new phone and testing making a post using it 🙂
Sometimes I think I am slightly obsessive. When I was in college I took three quarters of Spanish. The teacher recommended reading things in Spanish so we would get familiar with it. I found a magazine that was full of amazing crafts. I really donâ€™t think I ever made anything out of them. But I did read them. The other day I was going through boxes in the attic and found all the back issues. While thumbing through them I found a pattern for a knitted bunny. Since I fell in love with it and would not settle for any other knitted bunny pattern, I set out to translate it. That was hard work since I have forgotten all the Spanish I learned. After two full days of translating I finally finished. Here is the finished product.
I finally started to make this scarf. Can I just say again how much I hate knitting with acrylic. No matter what I do it still rolls. I decided to make this a short scarf since the ruffles at the ends will at least keep them flat and then the part around the neck will unfortunately curl. But since it is around the neck it wonâ€™t matter.
I finished my socks. Even though as previously mentioned there were some design issues with the pattern that I did not like, they fit incredibly well. I absolutely love wearing them. I donâ€™t even like taking them off. LOL. I have put them thought the washing machine and they came out fine so that means I can wear them multiple times in a week. If I have to hand wash something it will take a couple of weeks before it gets done. I would make these again but with some design modifications and I will defiantly use koigu sock yarn again. I see why everyone raves about it.
Pattern: Trellis Scarf from interweave knits spring 2006
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca cloud in smoke
Start: July 2006
End: Dec. 2006
I finished trellis back in December but due to not being up to par health wise, I failed to post about it. So here you go, even though it is a little belated. It took me forever! Its not that the pattern was hard but you had to concentrate on it. If for some reason I would get distracted, I would end up making a mistake. Which makes me admit that there are at least 50 mistakes. But nothing to serious so unless you are scrutinizing it you will never know J. Knitting has been a good lesson for me in lowering my standers of perfectionism. And for that I love knitting and most likely will never stop.
It really did turn out beautiful, and soft. I used the recommended yarn because it was so cheep. The only thing that I did not like about the pattern was that the beginning and ending borders were not the same. You can block it so that both ends will be pointy, but still not quite the same. After it was finished I found this blog. She gives an idea how to overcome this problem. Not only that but she made a cute pink version of the scarf.
Here are some pics of the scarf in a vibrant red color! punk knitters
And one more from spinning my life away. Or should I say 2 more. I am amazed she made two. Not that the pattern was hard, very easy to memorize, but she must have amazing concentration powers.
I will have pics of my scarf soon for you all to see.
Well, I sewed Uno up and it looks great. Although I donâ€™t know what it will look like on a baby yet. That will just have to wait. I decided to try and make a pattern for it. Since this is my first time writing a pattern if you find any mistakes please let me know so I can fix it.
Uno â€“ PDF
Note: you will need adobe acrobat reader to view the pattern. If you donâ€™t have it you can get if from there web page.
I went to a yarn store about a week ago with my husband in hopes that he would help me pick out some gender neutral yarn, so I could make our baby something. Boy, did it take some coaxing to make him help me. He finally ended up picking out 3 skeins of Sirdar snuggly magic in blue stripes. Even though it is blue and you usually think of boys, I figure girls can where blue as well. I was not going to fight it since it was so hard getting him to help.
After getting the yarn I then had to decide what to make. I looked at a whole bunch of patterns but nothing was what I really wanted. I just wanted something simple with set in sleeves which is hard to find in baby clothes. So I decided to just wing it and make my own pattern. That was scary. I have never done that before and it is completely against my nature. I like instructions and follow them to the T. Even in cooking, I make sure I measure everything exactly as the recipe calls for it.
The set in sleeves were the hardest part. I had to redo the sleeve cap about five times to make it fit. But finally after a lot of experimenting I think I finally got it. After the pieces get done blocking, I will sew it up and see if it worked out. I am so nervous. LOL
I finally finished the baby blanket! It turned out better then I thought it would. It was thick, soft, and warm, perfect for the upcoming winter weather. I almost did not want to give it away. I loved having it on my lap when I sat on the couch. I am just happy it is done after thinking that it would not get done because of the lack of yarn. But, with the small leftover skein I found it was just enough to finish the edging! CHEER!